Home » CVL Sponsorship of Lafayette Aviators Continues in 2019
CVL Sponsorship of Lafayette Aviators Continues in 2019
CVL is proud to continue our sponsorship of the Lafayette Aviators into the 2019 season. An important part of this is the continuation of our Top Navigator Resilience Award initiative recognizing that navigating through life can be challenging, if not downright difficult for many of us. Resilience is the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or significant sources of stress. It means "bouncing back" from difficult experiences. A number of factors contribute to resilience. However, many studies show that the primary factor in resilience is having caring and supportive relationships within and outside the family. Relationships that create love and trust, provide role models and offer encouragement and reassurance help bolster a person's resilience. This award recognizes both individuals who demonstrate resilience and accomplish great things by engaging in positive relationships and sharing in the benefits of mutual support as they navigate through adversity, as well as the individuals who provide the support that makes the difference.
We encourage any and all members of the community to submit nominations. In the process of applying for this award, individuals will share their story. These stories will go on to help others overcome struggles in their own lives. Winners will be recognized at Aviator’s home games, on the CVL website, and through local news and media outlets. The prize package will include an award commemorating their accomplishments, complimentary Aviator’s gear, and more. It’s time to celebrate resilience!
To be eligible, individuals:
- Must be active and engaged members of their community.
- Must have been significantly impacted by a difficult obstacle or challenge in their life. In overcoming this adversity, they must have accessed and accepted the help of others.
- Or, been someone who recognized the challenges faced by others and stepped up to provide the support needed.
- On the Story Submission form, individuals must submit their stories in 750 words or less. They must outline the hurdles they’ve overcome, identify the resilience skills and tools they developed, and describe the role played by others in supporting them.
- When submitting a story, the applicant agrees to have their story published in the Aviator’s program, on the CVL website, and other suitable outlets.
- The application may be found at www.cvl-in.org/topnavigator.
Step One – Fill out the application found below.
Step Two – Print, complete, sign and mail the Media Release Form at the bottom of this page to Community Ventures in Living, 60 Professional Court, Lafayette, IN 47905. Or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form must be signed by someone 18 years or older who is a legal guardian of the applicant. Or if the applicant is 18, they can sign for themselves.