Home » Top Navigator Resilience Award
Top Navigator Resilience Award
Navigating through life can be difficult, if not downright challenging for many of us. Resilience is the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or significant sources of stress. It means "bouncing back" from difficult experiences. A number of factors contribute to resilience. However, many studies show that the primary factor in resilience is having caring and supportive relationships within and outside the family. Relationships that create love and trust, provide role models and offer encouragement and reassurance help bolster a person's resilience. This award recognizes both individuals who demonstrate resilience and accomplish great things by engaging in positive relationships and sharing in the benefits of mutual support as they navigate through adversity, as well as the individuals who provide the support that makes the difference.
The mission of Community Ventures in Living is to assist and support persons who are developmentally disabled and their families to establish and maintain homes that are truly their own. The services of the agency are founded on the belief that every individual has the right to live as a valued and accepted member of the community. Recognizing that from time to time everyone needs support, CVL strives to help individuals who have disabilities and their families to live as independently as is appropriate and to create an environment where dignity, a positive social role, inclusion in the community, self-direction, and feelings of self-worth are enhanced through supporting individual strengths, relationships and the acquisition of life skills.
In the process of applying for this award, individuals will share their story. These stories will go on to help others overcome struggles in their own lives. Winners will be recognized at Aviator’s home games, on the CVL website, and through local news and media outlets. The prize package will include an award commemorating their accomplishments, complimentary Aviator’s gear, and more. It’s time to celebrate resilience!
To be eligible, individuals:
- Must be active and engaged members of their community.
- Must have been significantly impacted by a difficult obstacle or challenge in their life. In overcoming this adversity, they must have accessed and accepted the help of others.
- Or, been someone who recognized the challenges faced by others and stepped up to provide the support needed.
- On the Story Submission form, individuals must submit their stories in 750 words or less. They must outline the hurdles they’ve overcome, identify the resilience skills and tools they developed, and describe the role played by others in supporting them.
- When submitting a story, the applicant agrees to have their story published in the Aviator’s program, on the CVL website, and other suitable outlets.
- The application may be found at www.cvl-in.org/topnavigator.
Step One – Fill out the application found below.
Step Two – Print and mail the Release Form to Community Ventures in Living, 60 Professional Court, Lafayette, IN 47905. Or scan and email to email@example.com. The form must be signed by someone 18 years or older who is a legal guardian of the applicant. Or if the applicant is 18, they can sign for themselves.