Frequently Asked Questions
InCare Mobile Application - Completing an Electronic Visit Verification
Frequently Asked Questions
Can multiple providers use the same device to access InCare Mobile?
- Yes. Multiple users can use the same app on any device, as long as they sign into their own personal account before clocking in or out.
Can I add a new shift to the schedule through the InCare Mobile app?
- No. At this time, you must still schedule shifts through the online InFocus system. You may only view any shifts that are already scheduled through the “Schedule” tab on the app.
Why aren't my shifts showing up on the InCare Mobile app?
- Your shifts must be scheduled in InFocus before they begin in order to use the InCare Mobile app. If you do not see any shifts listed on the app, check to make sure that they are scheduled in InFocus. If you still cannot see them, check to make sure that you are on the correct date. Contact your supervisor for any further assistance.
Can I receive notifications from the InCare Mobile app?
- No. At this time, the “Notifications” tab is not functional within the app but will be in the future.
Can I send or receive messages through the InCare Mobile app?
- No. At this time, the app does not allow users to send or receive messages from other users or supervisors. This function may be added in the future.
How do I find my username and password for the InCare Mobile app?
- Your username and password for the app are the same that you use to login to other CVL portals, such as Inspiravance and InFocus. If you do not have the correct username or password, contact your supervisor for assistance.
Why won’t the InCare Mobile app run on my device?
- To run the app, Apple devices must have IOS version 12.0 or higher and Android devices must have Android version 7.0 or higher. If your device is updated and still won’t run the app, contact your supervisor for further assistance.
What types of services require an EVV clock in and clock out?
Right now, the following services require an EVV clock in and out. Any services not listed do not currently require this.
- Residential Habilitation (RH 10 and RH 20 only)
- Personal Assistance and Care (PAC)
- Attendant care
- Respite services
What if I start a shift more than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time?
- The InCare Mobile app will not let you clock in for a shift more than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. If you do actually start the shift earlier than that, still clock in on the app once you are able to. When entering your note into InFocus, request a time modification to reflect the time you actually began the shift.
What if I forget to clock in until after the scheduled end time?
- If you have not clocked in before the shift is scheduled to end, the InCare Mobile app will not let you clock in or out. When entering your note into InFocus, request a time modification and enter in your appropriate start and end times.
Can I change my password for the InCare Mobile app?
- Your password for the InCare Mobile app is the same as your password for the online InFocus system. If you would like to change it, log on to InFocus and click the profile icon in the upper right corner. Select “Modify Profile” and then “Change Password.” Your new password will now work for InFocus and the InCare Mobile app.
Is my location always being tracked by the InCare Mobile app?
- No. The app will only access your phone’s GPS services at two different times – when you clock in and when you clock out. Your location will not be tracked by the app during your shift or when you are not working.
What should I do if I begin or end my shift away from the individual’s home?
- This can happen for many different reasons, most commonly if you pick an individual up or drop them off at another location. If this occurs, still clock in and out as usual. When entering your note into InFocus, you will simply make a note of the reason why in the “location exception” box. A location exception does not mean that your note will not be approved.
If I am at the correct location, why is my location shown somewhere else?
- GPS technology is not perfect, and sometimes it may not read your precise location. If your location is shown within a one-mile radius, you may still clock in and out as usual without any exception. If your location is shown outside of a one-mile radius, but you are in the correct location, clock in or out as usual and explain the situation in the “location exception” box in InFocus. You may also contact the EVV Help Team to ensure that the individual’s correct location is stored in InFocus.